Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Lock Artist


Micheal was never ordinary. A tragedy in his childhood has left him completely mute. In his forced solitary life Micheal is able to discover a talent that will completely change the course of his life. He can pick locks. Not just one lock, but all locks; be it a simple padlock or a 800 pound safe. His unique skill makes him a hot commodity with the wrong types of people.

We meet Micheal in Prison, after the initial introduction we are transported into the scenes of his past.  In my opinion to have such a layout you need strong writing. The story line was interesting, but what sold the book (at least for me) was the developed characters. Each character had time to develop and grow, until they weren't just a character but a person. I actually felt like I was truly reading somebody's life story, not some fictional tale. Overall I really did enjoy this book and I would give it a 4.5 stars out of 5 stars.

First Sentence: "You may remember me."



The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton